In this podcast, the CEO of RIA WorkSpace, David Kakish talks about how they coach RIAs and financial advisor firms to use the Microsoft platform to share files with people outside the company.
Many RIAs avoid Microsoft for sharing files because in the past it was a difficult process. As a result, they often use third-party tools for file sharing. But, Microsoft has upped their game and its now easy, secure, and compliant to use SharePoint or OneDrive to share files.
Here are the highlights of what we discuss on the podcast:
- Microsoft’s integrated file folder system allows easy uploading and tracking of secure documents.
- Accessing shared folders is simple and intuitive, even for non-tech-savvy users.
- Security is a major concern, but Microsoft’s solution offers internal folders that are completely locked down and external folders that can be restricted to specific individuals or domains.
- Access to files and folders can be limited, and permissions can be set to control viewing and downloading.
- Expiration dates can be assigned to links for added security.
- Microsoft’s solution is SEC and FINRa compliant.
- RIAs can transition from third-party tools like Citrix or Dropbox to Microsoft without downtime or complexity.
- The move to Microsoft maximizes existing subscriptions and streamlines file management.
How does SharePoint compare to the third-party app you’re using today
Check out our blogs to learn more.
All of our Managed IT packages include getting you set up to share files easily and securely using Microsoft. We can help you reduce your costs from third-party apps and simplify how you collaborate. Contact Us for a free quote.
Want to take a deeper dive into SharePoint and your file sharing options from Microsoft?
Check out our blogs:
Uploading documents securely: Enhancing data protection with the file request feature in OneDrive and SharePoint
Do you need clients or colleagues to share confidential documents with you, but want to avoid the risks associated with sending sensitive information via email? …
Secure collaboration is an essential part of financial advising, and it is imperative to ensure that your RIA firm’s sensitive data is properly shared and …
File management solutions are a must for RIA firms, especially given the scope and sensitivity of the information you handle. Most RIAs are using Microsoft …